Friday, July 5, 2013

My Child... she's 16 now...

My story... Two days before you were born...
You were supposed to be born around the 24th or 26th of July...
We wanted to go to watch the fireworks at Ala Moana, but since it was so crowded, we ended up at Waikiki by Walls. I remembered sitting on the beach in the evening, looking at the sky light up with all the colors from the fireworks. Jayna was in awe of EACH "boom" EACH "wow!" was amazing...
Once the fireworks were over, we waited til most of the crowd was gone to get up. Jayna and your daddy had to help me up because I was so big and heavy... goodness...
Till tomorrow... your life continues to grow... 
==================================
The night before... It was late, and I was restless... I couldn't get comfortable whether I was on my left side or right. I did the pillow under my knees when I was lying on my back, but even that was uncomfortable...
When I was tired of being in bed, I went to the living room to just sit up and get tired. There was a late night movie, but I couldn't concentrate what was on... just so uncomfortable.
Lucky for us, we had back up that just in case, we had the neighbors ready to watch your older sister if we had to leave in the middle of the night. In this case, it was close to 4:00 am, July 6th, when I bolted up in pain. It wasn't like with your sister... every contraction with her were like Peter and the Wolf... false alarms. With you, it was immediate. Your dad woke up the neighbors to let them know. I went straight to the shower because I didn't know when I would get the next chance to do so...
The contractions were so close and I had a hard time moving; every step was not painful, but definitely stopped me from moving forward. As soon as I was able, I moved to get myself ready. We dropped off your sister and quickly left for the hospital.
I realized when we were about 5 minutes to the hospital, we forgot the video camera. The still camera was in the shop... So no immediate pictures of you. I had to buy disposable ones! Auntie Rhino was just grateful there were pictures!
As soon as we arrived at the hospital, got into a room, got the epidural, you were ready to greet the world. I wasn't! The epidural wasn't working and well, ready or not, within the hour we arrived, you greeted the world, bright and early.
And the rest... is not just history.. but future for you.
Hau'oli la hanau Kauanoelehua! Sixteen years of loving, sixteen years of challenges, chocolate messes, tears, laughter, memories... I love you with all my heart and soul.
Blessings to you on this day and always. I love you forever Beechabee!!!

No comments: