Friday, July 19, 2013

Religion isn't just about God...

Tonight was the 2nd night of the Women's Arise seminar. I wasn't sure what to make of it, since I've never been to one. People told me (who attended the seminar before) that I would cry... I would learn... it would change me... to love God more.

There were many women in the seminar who have attended before and those who never attended. I was one of the ones who never attended. I didn't know what to expect the three days we were there. I went in with an open mind, not making any judgments on what was going to happen (or not).

I am learning on this journey about myself and my understanding about God. Boils down to belief.. being positive about myself, loving myself, and being truthful. To surrender, to trust - wholeheartedly. It's not easy, I know. I think about how I could be better at surrendering completely and it's hard. I did give an example of that, but to do it all the time is not that easy.

Tomorrow is the last day and there's a lot to learn. I'm glad I have close friends attending too; they're such great support!

No comments: